Old Photo - The Day Was Going Great .........Until!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - The Day Was Going Great .........Until!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

OK everybody gather on the other side of the cars so I can take a picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

That looks like a Mercer! Who hit who?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Val,
Since the law says when two vehicles approach an intersection at the same time the one on the right has the right of way, clearly the Mercer violated the Fords right of way. Besides, we all know that a Ford driver could not have made such an error! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Val is correct on the Mercer. There is a nice article in the February Hemmings Classic Car #125 on a 1922 Series 5 Raceabout if you want to compare details with this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Looks like that little Ford held its own pretty well against that Mercer! Those Mercers are fairly heavy cars for a sports car. Amazing!
Thanks Jay!
Do drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

And the little Ford stopped rambling right along.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Well, that's pretty much it then. Call the junkyard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stanley L Brown on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Here is one that kept on RamblingPhoto

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

I say the Ford is a fault because of it's lousy brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Stanley, had to look up where Drury Ma. was because I've never heard of it....you are WAY out there!
Welcome to the forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Jay -- as always thank you for posting so many great photos!

Stanley -- as John said, Welcome to the forum! If you are also new to Model Ts, please let folks know as there are some safety tips and other information for new owners that can be helpful.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Welcome Stanley, Thanks for the photo!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:47 am:

In Stanley's photo,

I wonder if most of the brass cars with electric lights in their gas lamps are running off the magneto?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Well, I can't speak for most, but my '14 has had the gas lamps electrified (likely by the original owner).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration