OT Chicken Dinner Candy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Chicken Dinner Candy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Never heard of this before. Can anyone explain "And see behind the German lines."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

"And see behind the German lines"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

It's a movie playing at the Granby theater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Thanks to some handy dandy googling - the Chicken Dinner Candy Bar was supposed to be "Candy made good." It was the precursor to the power bar, a nut bar covered in chocolate. The name was in reference to President Hoover's promise of "A chicken in every pot." during the Great Depression.

No clue about the seeing behind the German lines. I'm guessing there was something on the inside of the wrapper or something like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

http://www.nytimes.com/movies/movie/238653/Behind-the-German-Lines/overview

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

Shoot, between me and Mark ya'll might learn a thing or two. LOL! =P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Seth,
Truth be known, to me that is as much a reason for me to login, as how to fix my T!
Thanks,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Thanks. Now that's a lot of information. Want to know anything? Ask it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

I remember those, they looked a little like a chicken leg and were sort of a Babe Ruth knock off without the chocolate on the outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

I remember one of my uncles telling about going to visit some relatives in Miller County, Missouri, back during the depression. He and a cousin made the trip. They stopped at a gas station on the way and each bought a "Chicken Dinner" candy bar.

They had not seen these relatives in many years and were not too sure how "clean" these folks were with their cooking. Soon after arrival at the house, they were asked if they had "been to supper." My uncle replied, "Yeah, we both had a chicken dinner."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eugene story on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:12 am:

A little bucket of corn is a chicken dinner.......

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

I've had these pictures/posters for around twenty years one is just over 4' long the other is right around 6 1/2' I'm attempting to post them the way I scanned themcandycandycandycandycandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

And number two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

The first one said it was taken with the Chicago skyline in the background. Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration