1914 windshield & hinges guestions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 windshield & hinges guestions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Wilkins, Oregon on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

I'm trying to get my 1914 windshield frame ready for glass. I could sure use some close up pictures of a frame and hinges. How many lock positions on the upper frame when being pulled back ? Also is there just caps that hold the lower glass in place or is there a channel that goes across with caps like the upper frame ? I was so sure this would be straight forward but no. Always seems to be these little items that bring things to a halt . Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

Complete hinge assembly as mounted on the car:

Lower glass retainer (underside view):

Upper glass retainer/raindeflector:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Upper glass retainer/reflector:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Wilkins, Oregon on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

RV Thanks. That's what i needed to know. I have the wrong hinge. I knew something was wrong as i couldn't get the upper windshield vertical.
Also now i need to find the lower glass retainer.
That maybe i can make as i have the single caps just need some channel tacked in between. Luck has it i have the upper channel rain guard.
Thanks again. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

You could make them, but Lang's and Snyder's already have them accurately constructed:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/78202CC.aspx

or

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/3888

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration