Spare tire 15 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Spare tire 15 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Did the 15 Roadster usually carry a spare? If so where and how?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Not from the Ford Factory - spare tube or tube repair kit in the trunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:48 am:

What year did the cars start coming with a spare rim without a tire mounted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Richard, Try these past threads here.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/123799.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/140568.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/143892.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/486012.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:53 am:

The spare rims came about in 1919, with the introduction of the demountable-rim wheels on Fords. Other cars had them sooner, of course. :-)

Prior to that, folks carried spare tubes and patch kits, and often a spare tire or two on the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Hi Richard,

Short answer, no spare tire. 1915 cars had non-demountable wheels, so there would not have been a spare tire and rim. I believe that most folks would have carried spare tubes, jack, tire irons, pump and a patch kit. Those people who may have traveled a bit further afield may also have spare tires on an aftermarket carrier. I hope that this helps. Bill

This carrier is on my '14. A '15 could use this style, it is a two tire carrier, or one of the windshield bracket types. I don't have a picture of that style. I hope someone else can post a picture of that type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Occasionally you see a car with a couple of complete spare wheels on the running board, one front and one rear. Of course this is an owner-installed innovation, not factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Thanks for the information. Doesn't look like the one's Bill Harper posted would be to hard to duplicate. Might give it a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

I think you will find that this is the most common spare tire carrier used in the teens.spare tire carrier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Here are some more that might give you ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

And then, of course, you have the homemade variety. If I did it, then someone in 1915 did it too!

(BTW, idea shamelessly stolen from Steve Jelf ;o) )

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration