Looking for rebuilt carb for my TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for rebuilt carb for my TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Any ideas on good rebuilt nh carb nothing to fancy money is a factor, for my 25 TT, thanks Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

If you want run-of-the-mill and cheap, along with reliable and simple, buy a $10 or $20 Holley NH body, get the MTFCA carburetor book, and rebuild it yourself. I've done it, and you probably can too. It ain't brain surgery. All the parts are readily available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Steve gives good advice. I'm sure no rocket scientist and that's how I did mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Steve is right again. The NH isn't that hard at all to rebuild if your mechanically inclined. They are pretty basic once you get into them.

But, if you need one done, ready to bolt on for a reasonable amount, I got one from Tom Strickling ( strickstuff AT yahoo.com ). And he had good support when I had some minor issues--as well as this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Dan, ditto the above. Also try to find one with a tight throttle shaft. I've bought several over the years in Steve's price range with sloppy shaft bores which I had to drill and rebush to make them run well. Not a big deal if you have the skills and tools to do the job. But not necessary if you can find the right core. Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

There is a lot of info on here about rebuilding them, just search NH. The biggest things are to really clean all the passages. I drill out the plugs and then thread the stop holes 8/32 and put little allen set screws in them. Lots easier than trying to get the brass plugs to hold. Just a standard rebuild is pretty easy, remember a million or two were cleaned and rebuilt by the side of the road or in a kerosene lamp lit shop with virtually no tools. A gasket set is about two bucks, a needle and seat is about 12 and if the float is good that's about all you really have to have if the throttle shaft is OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

If you need to bush a throttle or choke shaft, you can get brass tubing from a hobby store. A handy trick I learned from Stan is to clean the passages with a guitar string, one of the lower ones that's wound with bronze. That's rough enough to dislodge the dirt but soft enough not to damage the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Thanks for the input have a lot of rust on this carb hard to get apart I can rebuild it if I can do it with out stripping the nuts on the carb, Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration