Warford Oil Level

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Warford Oil Level
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

During our local club annual tech inspection at club members Hoist Service shop we had a T up on the rack with a Layne Warford. I noticed it had an extra pipe fitting in the side about half way down from the fill plug. It looked to be just even or slightly above the lower shaft. I have never run mine full to the top fill hole but probably a little above where this was located. Does anyone know or was it ever published in original info about the proper oil level?

It's a nice day when you see or learn something new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Gene, that is the full level hole, too much oil and it will leak due to pressure build up.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Thanks Rick,

Obviously I knew that but how did they determine the proper oil level back in the day with the original ones I wonder? It's pretty hard to see down in the fill hole as your adding oil.

I've heard friends complain about the Layne leaking also. Wonder if the first Layne ones had that oil level hole. If not, over filling could have been the reason for new ones leaking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

i have an original that some one put an elbow and short nipple on to raise the level about an inch ana half from the hole. not a bad idea imho.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration