Headlight Harness clips '26/'27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Headlight Harness clips '26/'27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Trying to find out where they go in the engine compartment. Installing new harness. From terminal block. Pics or diagram .
Thanks
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:58 am:

Got that one. Looking for attachment points between left headlight to firewall and up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 04:53 am:

The only 'attachments' for the headlamp wires are the front end of the hood shelves. Each of these has a notch in the underside level with the back of the radiator. The RH lamp cable also gets clipped to the radiator bottom tank.
The difficult part is around the starter. It may be possible to feed the whole loom inside the LH chassis channel, but getting it past the LH engine mount wooden block is hard and, for my loom, the wire from the magneto is too short anyway. Also, you risk damage if or when you remove and refit the engine. Better to have the loom run above the chassis past the mount and starter, then tuck down into the chassis rail, and go below the steering bracket wooden spacer and behind the long 1/4" bolt which attaches the shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 08:47 am:

One clamp is at the rear hood shelf bolt, another is half way up the firewall at the steering column support bracket, all using the existing bolt holes and bolts, not additional holes and bolts just for the clips. There is another often overlooked clamp on the left side of the water outlet/fan mount for the coil wire harness. It uses the left mounting bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:40 am:

May I ask what these clips look like, please? Are they P clips?
And what is meant on the bottom centre of the diagram above by T6409 and 'T6410 in place of the cotter key'???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

Chris/Jeff thanks that is helpful. Now I have to go find some PClips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Chris - In the Ford Price List of Parts dated August 5, 1928, Part No. 6409 is listed as a "Bushing (tail lamp wire) assembly, for 1919 to 1927, and the price is (was) .03.

Part No. 6410 is a "Support (tail lamp wire bushing) for 1919 to 1927, and the price is (was) .01.

A picture is shown for part No 6410 and it is a cotter pin. The picture for Part No. 6409 is a piece of wire (I'm guessing about 4 to 6 inches long) with a loop in the middle that might have a rubber grommet in it to safely hold the tail lamp wire.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Does anyone know it this wiring diagram is covered by copy right? If not, I can make 13X19 detailed pictures of it. it'll make a great wall display.... Hi Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Service Bulletin Essentials book, page 342, Fig. 64 shows the location of the clips for the headlight "wiring harness of improved Ford car not equipped with a starter". I would suspect that the clips are in the same place on a starter equipped car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration