OT Another mystery item

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Another mystery item
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Cleaning up in the shop this morning I came across this. Can anybody ID it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Part of a wood plane??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Looks like a spokeshave missing some parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Transition plane part

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Bailey made planes. Some types still used a wood shoe.

http://www.handplane.com/206/stanley-no-26-jack-plane/

https://www.google.com/search?q=bailey+26+plane&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&sourc e=univ&sa=X&ei=xdW7VIikNsSfyAS0k4D4Ag&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=867

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Way off topic, but this way I'm certain my question will be seen by Steve. In the thread about the Museum and Board etc that was deleted by the powers that be, what was your quote on conspiracy theory and competency? I was going to write it down, but ........it's gone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Like this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Jay;
Think u r right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:02 am:

I think Nicholas Lingg is right, part of a transitional plane. Gets my vote anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Aha! As I suspected. I'll watch for the other parts.

Charles, I'm not sure I remember it exactly, but it was something like The existence of vast conspiracies would require a sudden, widespread outbreak of competence. It first occurred to me in connection with the JFK assassination, but I think it applies generally. Considering our capacity for human error, I sometimes think it's amazing that anything works at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Here..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:24 am:

The local NAPA owner collects vintage planes and restores them. Last spring I bought a plane I knew was odd and vintage at the local parts swap meet for ten dollars. Checked it out and found out it was a carriage makers plane worth two to four hundred. Sold it to the NAPA owner the same day for hundred fifty. Have sold many planes to him like the picture above. I get great service and good prices from NAPA!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Steve, Thanks. That is so succinct. I've heard Charles Krauthammer express a similar idea, but not in so few words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Paul Vito, I've got news for you.
You are not the only one that gets good service and prices from NAPA.
Last week I could have save nearly two days of screwing around if I'd gone to NAPA first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

I thought it was a beer bottle opener :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Need another part already?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Dennis, See post on "T broke?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

I am going to check my "junk boxes" and dig out the old planes my Grandfather used since he was a carpenter.
Maybe there is a wood plane collectors website to check on them for collecting purposes.

Good information!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Well Gary I don't need an opener for that photo just a ladder :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration