Old Photo - Model T Brass Era Bus

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Brass Era Bus
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:50 am:

"E. Douglas"

"Union Depot"

Most likely Wichita, KS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:59 am:

I love the coachwork, however even with the lengthened frame and chain drive conversion, it looks real tail heavy.

It looks like the overhang is on the right side only ??? Is it right hand drive?

I'd love to see an image that is more clear. Thanks for posting, Jay.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Whenever I see vehicles of this sort: big heavy buses, extended frame trucks, any truck with an extraordinarily huge load my first thought is "oh, that poor little engine".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

But Bill, that was before Ford lowered the engines to 20HP.
That one's probably got the big 22 HP engine.
With the sloooooooow ratio TT rear end and then geared down even more with small sprocket driving a much larger one the TT were used to haul and pull heavier loads than that bus.
High pedal on that rig was probably like low pedal on a stock T passenger car.
It's easy to see why so many auxiliary transmissions were manufactured in those days.
If that bus had a Ruckstell and a Warford (most likely had at least one) it would crawl.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

I feel your right, Put a few heavy weights on the back and I'll just bet that front end was very light to steer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

America didn't have so many "heavyweights" riding the bus like they do now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

How quick would it turn turtle? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

Wow, I thought my 1913 T Towncar was a too-heavy dinosaur to drive. This monster takes the cake, however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

I made a fake ambulance for a film 25 yrs ago, on a car chassis. If I stood on the rear, I could take all the weight off the front. One fat man in the back of that bus and there'd be daylight under the front wheels.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration