OT 1917 Stegmann Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT 1917 Stegmann Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Wright on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

On my wife's fathers farm, they had a 1917 Stegmann (sp) truck. Anyone ever heard of it?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Hmm, I looked in my copy of the "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942 Second Edition" and didn't see that manufacturer listed. I also looked for Stigmann and Stagmann and nothing came close. Can you provide a picture or more details?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Wright on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

It was a flat bed, used for truck farming from Burlington mass to the Fanueil Hall market in the 20s. I don't have a photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

I may be wrong but I think Van Horns truck museum in Clear Lake Iowa may have one. I'll have to loon thru some pis to fine it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Van Horn closed the museum and auctioned off the trucks several years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Fisher on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Jim,
My wife's grandfather, Oscar Stegeman built trucks around that time in Milwaukee. We have a few poor quality copies of photos showing his building and some trucks. They were flatbeds with an open cab, with canvas roof, in the style of a Roadster top. . We know he sold several to breweries in the area.

Feel free to contact me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942 is not a good resource for researching trucks.

The reason? It is an encyclopedia of automobiles, not trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

It's a Saure, not Stegeman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Type "Stegeman truck" into Google, some period ads and pictures do come up. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 02:39 am:

I have a listing that there was 5 registered in Michigan by 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Wright on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

Thanks guys, once I got the spelling right, google worked fine

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration