Model T Mail Truck Snafu

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Mail Truck Snafu
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Neither rain, snow, or even hail can stop the US Mail--but maybe one little tree can. I think the mail is going to be late today folks.

MailTruck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

That was a pretty hard impact. I'm surprised the steering wheel is still in normal position. Wonder what happened to the driver? Assume he had to swerve to miss something.........
Love the looks of these trucks though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Could be he lost control when the rear tire went flat. Another thought. Perhaps the truck was still under power immediately after the crash and the rim spun in the tire and sheared off the valve stem. I don't see a valve stem in the photo.

(Message edited by 404 not found on January 18, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Looks like the tree caught just the fender and wheel but not the frame rail. I'm puzzled about the tire underneath not sure if it has a rim nor where it may have been originally...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

This looks like a runaway to me. No damage to the steering wheel/column, no broken glass from a body hitting it, hand brake looks like it was partially released (slipped its pawl) and low pedal appears to be fully back in high. The cop peering at the camera in the background suggests that the loose spare was flung off in the accident and placed next to the truck by the cop.

With my story no one gets hurt, the mail was transferred to the waiting truck, and everyone got their mail that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

When the driver was told the "Mail must get through" they should have told him they didn't mean through the tree!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

looks like he was carrying new tires.when it hit the tree 2 went out the walk door to the back and out on the street .that's the way i see it!!!!!!!!!!!!charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration