OT what are these non auto tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT what are these non auto tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

I bought a bunch of T parts and other stuff, and these two items were with the deal. I do not know what they are. The head swivels on the longer tool. I can not read what it says on it, but appears to be "pat. and a number".

tool1

tool 2

tool3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

I just noticed that the area between the handle and the swiveling head is flat on one side and has a knife edge bevel on the other side, It is thin in that area like a knife blade, so it appears to be for cutting something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Top one looks like a canning jar lid sealer/loosener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Top tool looks like a mason jar opener. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Top one looks like a canning jar lid sealer/loosener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

probably right on the lid opener. It will fit a "zinc" lid perfect. It lays in the top thread perfect and fits the top ridge of the "zinc" lid. It will not fit on a modern ring/lid type of canning jar lid. That's 50% so far, maybe Ill get lucky and find out the other 50% next :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration