Need help identifying a unique accessory part

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need help identifying a unique accessory part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron McKenzie on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:51 am:

An estate purchase of Model T parts landed me this unique casting. It looks like you bolt a Model T engine block to an accessory sump and then it looks like you bolt these two other castings to adapt (I believe) a Model A or Ford V8 transmission to. Questions...who made this? Who sold it? Does anyone have any instructions on how this is properly done? Would you have to run an oil pump? How do you seal around the crankshaft? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Possibly a marine unit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:22 am:

It's are reproduction of a Frontenac crankcase made to use a model A trans with a T engine. We used one of these to build a T speedster with a T5 five speed. I bought mine from Dave Szumowski and this one is probably made by him also.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:30 am:

An oil pump would be needed since the regular oil circulation system with the flywheel running in oil, the oil pipe distributing it to the front and the dips in the crank case inspection plate wouldn't be there anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:55 am:

It looks to me to be a fit for an early ford V8 transmission. And yes you will need an oil pump. I and my son Scott have a single stick over head cam head and engine that is set up with a early for V8 trans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Dave Szumowski was making them, and maybe still is? RAJO heads too???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/153734.html?1281035344

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Looks like this one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration