1926 sedan front seats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 sedan front seats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Ashmead on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

Hi...
My name is Tom & I just got my first Model T !
It's a project,but a worthy one.
Its a 1926 2 door sedan,bone stock except a Ruxtel & a Stewart speedo gauge.
I'm missing quite a few parts & it isn't running yet.
It has a solid body & is fairly strait except a bit of bondo in the back.
I think it has the original paint,or whats left of it,& the original rear seats which were soaking wet & growing mold & mushrooms! .
I live in northern Calif,close to Placerville,1/2 way between Sacramento & Lake Tahoe.
Iv'e been told there is a BIG auto swap meet coming up this weekend in Turlock,& it's suppose to be one of the biggest in this area.
Iv'e got a wish list as long as my arm.
Among other things,I'm looking for both front seats,a passenger front fender,& a nickle plated radiator shell .
I am hoping to find these parts in poor to fair condition,nothing shiny or flawless,because i want to keep it in its current state of arrested decay. (a barn find i guess)
How hard is it to find front seats with "RIP & TEAR" upholstery?
If i could find a shotty pair of seats,& get it running,i could at least run it back & forth around the property to see what I would need to replace to make it road worthy.
So again, How hard is it to find front seats,are they like hens teeth?
Thank you for your time...Tom
#1 t#2t#3t#4 t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Hi Tom, you might want to contact "Model T Haven" and see if they can help you out. WWW.Modelthaven.com as with any other parts you may need it will take some time to find the right contacts. This forum is a great place to start and open up the whole world to your model t needs.
Good luck,
db

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 12:39 am:

Tom,
Yes, the Turlock Swap meet is coming up, and it's a BIG UN!
However, the Auburn swap meet is coming up too, a lot closer to you!
I also have a '26 Tudor, barn fresh & I'm in Oroville (although right now I'm working in Placerville) Be aware that the two front seats are very different from each other. The passenger seat is a small thing, looks a lot like the ones in a Model A Tudor. The driver's seat is much larger, doesn't fold and has a solid metal seat frame )with a wood base). Check this forum for some pictures so you can become familiar with what you are looking for.
Welcome aboard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 01:12 am:

I'm not trying to rub it in but when I see cars like that it make realize how lucky I am with the car I have! It needs work but it's all there.

Those mirrors were the first things to go! Definitely not period correct.
Good luck with yours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 02:31 am:

Hi Tom, WELCOME !!! You have some legendary T guys up round you. This is the place to ask questions and we'll help you get 'er up to snuff.
Check out a local club for hands on stuff.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 02:35 am:

This might be your closest local club
http://www.motherlodemodelt.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:34 am:

The Mother-lode Model T Club should be fairly close to you and an excellent resource for advice and even parts. They also sponsor a swap meet usually in early June, however I believe it is the end of May this year. (SSHH! We don't want too many people knowing our secret!) It is the best swap meet for 275 miles for model T parts. Bakersfield in April probably has it beat, but not by a lot.
I haven't been to Turlock in years. It has gotten huge. Although there is still a lot of model T stuff there, you have to look through the other 95 percent of mostly '40s and newer stuff to find the T stuff.
God luck! And welcome to the affliction.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Turlock will be huge but very few T parts in the last few years. Mostly late stuff as Wayne says. If you go, look for Erik Barrett's space. He has more T parts that the rest of the meet! Bakersfield is the best. Its April 10-11 (Friday - Saturday)Kern Co. Fair grounds It's sponsored by the local HCCA and Model T Club. The Mother Lode Meet is May 31, Gold Country Fairgrounds, Auburn, free entry for buyers.
The next Mother Lode Meeting is Thursday, Feb 12 at the Auburn Sizzler. Dinner at 6, meeting at 7. - There are also some good swap meets in Southern Ca. Long Beach Club has one of the biggest in that region.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Tom,
if you're still reading this thread - I wouldn't depend on a swap meet to find your 2 front tudor seats. I have a '26 tudor and, at one time, needed the 2 front seats. Theres a real nice guy (although controversial to some) that acquires and parts out '26 and '27 Model Ts. I first bought my driver side seat from him through eBay then bought a specifically 1926 headlamp bar from him when I met him at Chickasha. I'm sorry I can't remember his name but someone will come up with contact information. BTW, I uninstalled my restored and upholstered front passenger seat because its a pain in the butt to pivot forward and get in the back or drivers seat. My wife and I are 'full figured' and she sits in the rear seat with the dog. But I'll need to keep the front passenger seat for when my wife has the auction a few hours after my funeral. So, worry first about the driver side seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

George is probably talking about Mike Peterson in Shevlin Minnesota. I use to think his business was controversial. Then I met him and bought a few things from him. He seems to be an okay guy. I keep watching his listings on eBay for seats for my '26 Tudor. He lists his stuff under the name Gunman63.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Mark at Model T Haven and Mike Peterson might be your best bets. Also, keep an eye on Ebaymotors. I have seen them show up on there when a rodder bought a tudor and wanted to 'customize' it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Your first T, but I suspect it may not be your first old car. Don't let that fool you. The Model T is relatively simple, but it's not what you expect. A few surprises await within to bring you hassles and expense if you're not forewarned. That's where this comes in:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

T's are fascinating. You're going to have more fun than just about anybody else in Hangtown
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Ashmead on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

WOW!
Thank you for the warm welcome & the & links!
I can tell I'm in the right spot for a wealth of insight & knowledge!
I'm planning on joining the mother load model T club & Ill look for Erik Barrett's space at Trulock,as well as on ebay motors for Gunman63.
The model T haven looks like a great resource too!
I had no Idea that the front seats were different...Thank you for that bit of insight!
I'm afraid to think what I would have come with!
I have a elderly friend in Pleasant valley that took me for a ride in a T realized I had come down with the model T bug & had to get one!
Mike,nice sedan in the picture above!
Ill keep you posted on my progress...Thanks again...Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Watch gunman63 at ebay.
He deals mostly with Improved T's parts.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/gunman63?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:50 am:

tom,
When I got my Tudor, an old-time friend, who has been around early Fords (but mostly As & V8s) thought the driver's seat wasn't right, it looks so different, but it was & is correct. Erik lives just outside Auburn, you might want to look him up and see if he has anything, but I don't recall seeing any seats around his place. I may have some pics of my seats, but I'll bet there are pics on this site, just use the search engine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration