Remembering "Madman Martinez"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Remembering "Madman Martinez"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

While looking through past issues of the club publication, I came across an article that stirred vivid memories of a time in my life when I was young and full of life, and young and had a life. In 1973 I was restoring a model T and when the volume 8 number 1 January-February issue arrived I just loved the article about "Madman" Martinez. I so wanted to attend one of his Sunday cross border sales, but alas distance and wife took precedence and I just had to drool as I read the story. 42 years later I can still enjoy looking back on a simpler time, when restoring a Model T was an adventure and a quest to find parts virtually without suppliers. Some of you may remember. Harv.volume 8volume 8volume 8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

thats very cool! any more stories about the man?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:01 am:

"when his father died in the little-known Tequila Uprising in 1928, he became heir to that old gentleman's car, a 1909 two-lever touring car"
Yeah, Sure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:05 am:

Brings back old memories, I met "Madman" when I stayed with Doug Anderson on his Avocado farm in Southern California in 1976.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:56 am:

I especially like the old issues for research and just cry over the classified ads for fully restored cars for sale at 1800.00 Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 09:16 am:

I just checked in the inflation calculator, $1,800 in 1973 is the same as $9,600 today, so maybe the prices of restored black era T's are about the same..
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration