Unknown Ford T Service Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Unknown Ford T Service Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Hotton on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 01:44 am:

Hi All,

Anybody have any idea of what this tool is for ?

It sort of looks like a wheel or hub puller ?

I figure it is a T tool, as it has the following number cast into it :- T289-2.
I may be reading this number a little wrong, as it hard to read those middle numbers.

The opening at the bottom is 2-1/16" wide.

It's a very heavy & solid tool!

Sam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 01:55 am:

Possibly for pulling the generator gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:28 am:

I agree with Hal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:18 am:

It seems to me I saw one on ebay it is a generator pulley puller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:26 am:

Pretty pulley puller. Say it quickly three times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:43 am:

The Model T generator drive gear is a press fit with a Woodruff key. This tool make removing the gear very easy. Several tool companies made an equivalent tool.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Hotton on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 05:01 am:

OK, thanks for the info guys.
I have another similar puller that I'll also post up some pictures of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 07:45 am:

I have one made of bronze for the crankshaft gear.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration