Is the FunProjects site down?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is the FunProjects site down?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

All I'm getting is a blank screen. My browser acts like it's getting the page (delay) and the address is in the Addr-Bar but the page is blank.

What up wit dat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

Could be an old link. Does this work for you?

http://www.funprojects.com/index.cfm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Wommack - Dallas, TX on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

Try this.

http://www.funprojects.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Just tried your above link. Wont work. The screen says its unavailable.
Also tried by simply typing in Fun Projects in the search box on a new page.
Fun Projects comes up and works fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

That worked. Yep, that's how I do it most of the time. This time I linked from the my catalog favorites. I resaved it.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

I clicked Drew's link and the site came right up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:04 pm:

Hey guys. We switched servers several months back and the old site was written to run under "cold fusion" hence the .cfm ending on most direct links. All a part of having to move forward since cold fusion wasn't being supported where we were at. If you go to www.funprojects.com you will find it up and running but older direct links had to give way. Sorry but we did forward them for awhile but couldn't get that to run indefinitely. We are forced to make changes whether we like it or not. If you want to send someone a direct link to something you can still do that if you copy the page while you are there and notice it ends in .asx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

My son Todd Regan completely rewrote the program in a different language but we got away with it without anyone noticing but darn it we lost support on one aspect and you guys discovered our secret. He had you guys fooled for several months. They call it making the new page "seamless" with the old one being totally replaced without getting caught at it. The good news is that we weren't down after the switch. We did have to switch servers a second time when the first one kept having some issues but the neat thing about having the latest stuff is that we were able to bounce on over to a different server and this one is solid. I have to confess I am proud of my sons for their special skills in all this since I have no clue what they know but they sure do know it. We went from old setup to a new server and then to another new server and it all worked. Johnny authored the page originally but Todd took over the support more than a year ago and he rewrote it to be data base driven which makes the search part of it more powerful and gave me more "back door" tools, fast and easy. They spoil me. I have to fix their furnace or anything electrical in their house as trade so we all get a good deal. They discovered I do plumbing too so I am on the hook to install a water softener shortly. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

With so many things wrong with humanity these days, it is really refreshing to read about some family members working well together.
Congratulations to all who do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 08:57 am:

John, you shouldn't have told them that you do plumbing, you'll be over there till the grand kids are out of the house.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration