OT - Where can I get one?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Where can I get one?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Fordson Snow Machine. Seems like a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjlSJf4274

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

I want one!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

There is one of those in the truck museum about 20 miles north of Sacramento apparently it was used to deliver the mail to Reno in the early days. It was the only thing that could negotiate the deep snow over the hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

My dad and I built this snow machine prior to snowmobiles coming on the scene. He used it for ice fishing on Houghton Lake, Michigan. Had a Wisconsin v-4 engine coupled to a Chevy tranny. It was steered via individual brakes to each rear wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 06:29 am:

I wonder if a old Chrysler engineer worked for Ford at one time.....

Made in the 60's, powered by a 225 Slant Six

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 07:00 am:

Wow!! I'm not gonna lie, I've only seen the pictures of these things and "nimble" is not a word I imagined applying.

That thing works GREAT! I can see it might kind of tear up the ground if you just ran it on regular grass. But snow, mud, ice, whatever, no problem.

Would one float? If you just ran it on water?

My next question was "Well that's great but can it pull anything?" and BAM! It pulls those huge logs (20 tons) along like it's no big deal. Obviously, even today, EVERYBODY needs one of these. I will absolutely HAVE to get one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 07:36 am:

That's the Chrysler Advert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NsmZcLAdM

Here's a Fordson version c. 1926 or 29 depending on which posted video you believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo31_3UzTTY

There's another video of a Model T Touring converted to screw drive but I can't find it at the moment. It was posted here before.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration