Old Photo - Norris Restaurant And Service Station N.Y.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Norris Restaurant And Service Station N.Y.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Converted to black & white and slightly enhanced:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 10:20 am:

As usual, it looks like they've spilled more gas than they've sold. I guess in those days, you asked for ten gallons and that's what you got whether your car could hold it or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Jay,
I love those old pictures of village streets, keep them coming. Living in NY, I am really interested in the once of NY. You have posted quite a few from NY recently. However this one is not in NY as the title states. I think the handwritten description says 13 Miles west of Hancock, MD.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Robinson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:32 am:

I have great memories of growing up across the road from a Texaco shade tree station complete with the pot bellied stove and drink cooler. As a kid I always pumped up the gas glass which as I recall were graduated in 1/4 gallons. There was always a paper and pencil to calculate the cost.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration