Golf Cart Heaters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Golf Cart Heaters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

I have seen 12 Volt electric golf cart heaters listed on T-bay and other sites, has anybody tried one of them? Since they seem to be a heating coil and a fan in a box, I assume that they would still work on 6 Volts, just with half the heat and half the fan speed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-Watt-Electric-Heater-Fan-Camper-Auto-Car-UTV-Cab-Gol f-Cart-RV-12-Volt-NIB-/321634038247?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ae 2e1f1e7&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

Those heaters need a full 12 volt to get anything out of them at all. Putting 6 volt to them would make it useless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Mark, If my memory is correct the model T generator can only produce around 100 watts so 300 would be too much for the generator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

A 12 volt electric heater on 6 volts will produce 1/4 the heat not 1/2. I doubt they put out much heat to begin with and I suspect on 6 volts it would be negligible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

My dad bought 1 to defrost the windshield of his old chevy pickup and it was JUNK.And I do mean to emphasize that in capitals!.
Now if you go to the Buggies Unlimited website and look up golf cart heaters there, you will find 1 that mounts to a propane can that is like a miniature Mr Heater. That would knock the chill off in a T purty well I would think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 09:22 am:

I agree with Mack. This fall, I purchased one for my Polaris Ranger with a cab and it would not even take the chill off if the outside temp was in the 40's. A total waste of money! I disassembled it- kept the 12v fan and threw the rest away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Thanks, guys, I figured as much. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration