OT ? Found in my T parts ,unknown horn .

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT ? Found in my T parts ,unknown horn .
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Found this this after noon in my T parts/ toolbox , of course I hadto replace the broken screw , that's who I am . But what does it go to ? Thanks.HornH2H3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

I'm sayin' it's from a motorcycle. That's what the mount would suggest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

It's not for an Indian motorcycle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

Cheapo European cars of the 50s and 60s had horns like that. 4cv Renault has a bumper bracket mounted horn that looks similar although the Renault horn was plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Definitely older than 60's Id think , not sure how to test it though , looks good inside but I'm not sure 6v or 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

I have one or two like that one. I always assumed they hung from the cross bar in front of the radiator on circa 1928-32 autos. Try six volts, if it sounds week, then 12 v. I think that most all were 6 volts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

I have one very close to that one on our 1931 Chev-o-wreck...! ie: Chevy....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 06:28 pm:

This one was mounted on the headlight tie bar of my Model T a long time ago.

It says HEINZE ELECTRIC CO. LOWELL MASS. U.S.A. on the back. It works on 6 Volts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Nice , mine is completely unmarked unfortunately

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Im not sure, but I think that is the emblem used on the early Harley horns. I have about a dozen different horns in this style. All the covers are different makes and names, but the covers will interchange from one horn to the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

It's not a Chevy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Thats a Harley Davidson horn off a knucklehead of the early thirties. Saw one sell on eBay on 9 Dec 14 for $669 with 17 bids. Its in my 'Favorites' but I don't know how to include it as an attachment here. I have one just like the one that sold but mine WORKS and is LOUD and has the 3 fasteners holding the front to the back. The only difference between the eBay horn/mine with yours is the embossed rectangle in the exact center is verticle on yours and horizontal on 'ours'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Thats embossed 'wings' on each side of the 'bar' and is uniquely HD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

George , thanks , could you tell me the proper way to connect to test it ? Thank you . Travis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

It is a common accessory replacement horn for early Indians or Harleys. I have seen several. Here is one now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Harley-Davidson-Indian-motorcycle-Knucklehead-Pa nhead-bobber-horn-/311259399262

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

Heres another.

http://www.fvstore.com/Early-Motorcycle-Horn-5-1-4-034-Steel/p1015603.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

That looks like it , would like to hear it though , maybe I can figure out how it hooks up. Looks really good inside .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 08:11 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Style-Horn-Motorcycle-Auto-1930-1931-1932-Era-/3712 44985922?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item566fecee42

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

I had one like that on my 1948 full dress Harley 74cc--- back in the day. I was 17 and had a job repairing lawn mower engines. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Travis, Just cut 2 insulated wires to length. Strip all 4 ends. There are 2 terminals on the back of your horn. Connect a wire -wrap around-each of the terminals. Now touch the other ends of the 2 wires to the terminals of a hot 6 volt battery.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration