Auckland, New Zealand Model T people

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Auckland, New Zealand Model T people
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Rohrstaff on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

My wife and I are going to visit our grandkids in Auckland New Zealand and the surrounding area in February. Are there any Model T folks in the area? I would sure like to get together and swap some stories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Doubt there are many in Auckland but go 1 hour in any direction and there might be some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

Kep, I wish I'd known you back in the sixties when my family visited New Zealand however you may not have even been born, yet. I kept looking and looking for any old car, especially a Model T, but saw none. The only old car that I did see was a brass era Buick from the teens that belonged to a relative of the people we went to NZ to visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

I had a flick through the MTFCNZ Register and there would be upwards of 40 T owners in Auckland, and also a large contingent in the Waikato an hour and a half south of the big Auck. February is fabulous weather usually and a great time to motor a Model T here in NZ. When you say "surrounding area" what do you mean? There is usually activity in one area or another through one of the branches of the NZ Vintage Car Club [hook into the VCC website]at the weekends and sometimes the old codgers who have retired go for a run to a café or what-have-you during the week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Thanks Rod I suspect there are probably 4 times that number or more who are not members of MTFCNZ but have a T in Auckland. Most of those can be accessed through the VCC but the really active members will be involved in MTFCNZ. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't joined up with my T yet! As per previous threads try and get to Art Deco in Napier if you can (about 5 hours south of Auckland) - Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 01:38 am:

In NZ most people were driving '30s cars in the '60s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Rohrstaff on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

Thank you all for your help. We will look up the VCC people when we get to Auckland.maybe to meet some of you during our travels thanks a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

LOL i don't think you'll meet anyone then. Better look them up now. Doubt you would get a reaction from them. They don't know what day of the week it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

I vote kep for New Zealand Tourist minister. I bet he can do a mean version of God Save the Queen on his banjo too.
Contact VCC and Model T Club. The Model T and Vintage Car movement is huge in NZ. Lack of response to your inquiry is likely due to the fact that we are all still on holiday at the beach enjoying the hottest summer in years. Don't forget to bring your 'togs'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:21 am:

There is no vintage car club movement in NZ. They sit stationary. My car moves though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 01:03 am:

Kep -The Vintage Car Club is the largest car club in New Zealand with over 8,000 members. In Northland they may not be active and "not know what day of the week it is" but is not my experience with the rest of New Zealand. Maybe up north they are consuming to much of the product of Northlands main industry LOL Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Met a couple of your New Zealand Model T'ers here in the states last year. Neil Dobson and Kristie Martin. Real nice folks.

Was able to hook Neil up with a 1915 hood former and Kristie with a T shirt she took a fancy to.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration