Another Unknown Ford T Service Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another Unknown Ford T Service Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Hotton on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:05 am:

Hi All,

Here is another unknown T(?) tool, similar to the one I posted pics of the other day.
But, this one is a bit smaller.

Anybody have any idea of what this tool is for ?

I figure it is a T tool, as it has the following number cast into it :- T-70.

The opening at the bottom is 1-3/4" wide.

It's a very heavy & solid tool!

Sam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Stevens Tool Co. used a "T" prefix on their tools but neither of the ones you posted are in any of my Stevens catalogs or literature nor in my collection.

Just because there is a "T" in the part number doesn't necessarily mean it's for a Model T. Do you have a T generator gear or T crank gear to verify the opening of your pullers ? The casting rib on the back could be for clamping the puller in a vise ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Can you make out what's in the diamond? I can't tell from the pictures. There were at least half a dozen tool companies that used a diamond logo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

If it's small, which I suspect it is for some reason - it could be for the starter bendix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

The width of the Bendix Drive Head puller is 5/8 inch.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

I use that to crack open Walnuts! :-) But now I'll put it in the shop since I now know it's a gear puller.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration