Repainting my model T (Russia)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Repainting my model T (Russia)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:22 am:

Good day!
I was silent for long time, but have some news: my T was painted in USA, but painting was poor: with no primer... Anyway, it was necessary to start: so You can see pictures there (and use Google to translate the text)

Part 1 http://www.drive2.ru/l/4966582/
Part 2 http://www.drive2.ru/l/5455800/

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 02:50 am:

Very nice, I love those old school repairs, tradies that knew what they were doing. a dying art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:17 am:

Michael Gotesman,
Wonderful to hear from you! I do hope all is well for you in your part of the world.
My coupe was "restored" and painted almost forty years ago. A lot of it also had no primer. I still keep touching it up with spray cans, but at least I use primer when I do.
Good luck! And do keep in touch here, many of us look forward to hearing from you.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:44 am:

Thank You - as You may know, it is not well in our part of world: Putin is heading to war with Ukraine, ruble falls twice - so it is now expensive to buy parts from US and everything else...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Michael,
Thank you for the updates (on you as well as your T). Be safe,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 08:13 am:

Michael,

BEAUTIFUL !

Congratulations on a job well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:32 am:

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Just one question; What are "Dodgers". :-)

Them Brits have different names for things on a car like "Bonnets". I hadn't heard the term dodgers. Or maybe it was the translator.

In any case, you "done good" my friend. And like mentioned, don't be a stranger here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Looks good. Keep up the good work.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

Very nice Michael! Good to hear from you. Isn't it great that when the rest of the world is a mess, we can escape it for a little while with our Model Ts? Hope you stay well and safe. Many happy miles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

Is there very many Tee`s over there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Awesome, you must be careful or this T will look better than Henry made it the first time.

Congrats. I bet people love seeing this car. You are a great ambassador to your part of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 12:13 am:

Thanks to everybody for kind words :-)
Rick ,there are no many T's in Russia - I think that not more than 200, including the collection of Chernogolovka museum they bought 2-3 years ago in Germany (about 60 T) - see picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 12:33 am:

Michael, I certainly won't pass on any opinions or remarks regarding the political climate or future battles involving your country. Especially when considering the mess we've created for ourselves in this country. But, as a combat veteran I feel a sadness inside when I think that people in this world are not able to work out their differences without having to go to battle.

Anyway, I think you've done a first rate job on your touring car. That new paint looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:04 am:

That's an interesting display with the Model T's on the mezzanine level. I'll bet all the vehicles below have oil stains on them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:23 am:

It`s nice to know that we can meet new model T friends through this model T sight where ever you live. We`re glad to have you here!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration