I need the luggage rack!)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I need the luggage rack!)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:23 am:

May be somebody has extra one?
I can use ebay, but it is too expensive there with delivery: I can get it to ZIP 90503.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:13 am:

What style are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:45 am:

Accordion style

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:26 am:

If the luggage rack is going on a T in Russia I'll give you one, just pay whatever the postage is and send a picture of it after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:45 am:

Gary, You're so kind! It is too generous!.. If it's really possible - how can I give You the address? Of course, there will be pictures and thanks and some gift from me back :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 11:00 am:

When you click on a person's name, it will open a new page with that person's profile. Below the list of information, there is a link to send that person a PM (Private Message).

"Click Here to send a private message to ..."

Just click on that and type your message.

Hats off to Gary!
I think you will find many here that are willing to spread the Model T "disease". We don't get many visitors from Russia and it's always a treat to see Model Ts from other countries and learn of its history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

OK, it's in the mail on the way to your buddy in South Cal. Remember to send pictures when you've got it on the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Way To go Gary!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:33 pm:

nice gesture Gary, and Michael that will be a big box, better fill it with normal maintenance stuff from the vendors here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

Gary, many thanks for Your kindness!
Email me Your address for I could send some souvenir for You.
And, OF COURSE - I'll make the detailed report about Your gift installation :-)
Best regards,
Misha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 02:32 am:

Mike; I'm glad to do it. My dad started me on these, and I can't remember not being involved in them. We had a lot of friends pass parts on to us and I was raised to do the same. I get a heck of a lot of enjoyment helping others out when I can then I do putting a couple of bucks in my pocket. This is a part that I inherited from my dad when he passed on..... it was probably given to him by someone else 50 years ago or more. I am much happier having it going to a good home, especially to someone that would have a hard time finding it, then keeping it my garage collecting dust. There are a lot of people on here that pass stuff on... Larry Smith sent me a nice original dash shield a few months ago for my '15 just because he knew I'd like it and I'd use it.... I sent off a front engine cover to someone because they needed it and I didn't.

I just think the hobby is a heck of a lot more fun when it's a hobby and not a business (for all you guys that make and sell parts for us, especially guys like John, Ron, R.V., Larry, Stan and Glenn with his Ruckstell parts, please don't take that wrong, we can't live without you!)

So with all of that said, I'm going to sell stuff at Bakersfield for the first time ever to 'thin the heard'. So if you see something at my spot and the price on the tag is out of line, tell me; I'm just putting on prices I think I would pay, not to get the most I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 02:39 am:

Gary, I understand You) We also do so: last summer I gave my friend my spare engine for this GAZ-21 Volga - and we took a part in GAZ Rally together)

Etc. - help is pleasure!
Thank You again anyway))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 03:36 am:

That's a cool looking car Mike, bet you guys had a lot of fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 03:54 am:

This is my friend's Volga - mine You can see here:
http://www.drive2.ru/users/migo/
(and other my cars too)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 09:29 am:

Accordion luggage racks are fairly easy to come by. They're constantly on e-bay and here are two current offerings:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-Model-T-A-Ford-Luggage-Rack-Accordion-Sc issor-/351287294845?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51ca5abb7d&v xp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-MODEL-A-T-LUGGAGE-RACK-ACCORDIAN-STYLE-/16156421 2255?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item259dfa3c1f&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Oh. _Sorry about the e-bay shipping to Russia. _Guess I wasn't listening close enough._My mistake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Ford must have copied the Volga look for their mid-50s cars. There's a striking similarity. :-) I hope they ran better. My 54 Vic was a tank that couldn't keep the rods inside the engine. Perhaps the 90mph highway was too much for a 6-cylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Ken;
Did you ever think that the Volga might have been copied after the Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

At first I thought that. But I looked at various years of the Volga. Their look predates Ford's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 01:18 am:

Volga is not exact copy of Ford. But '54 Mainline was bought to GAZ factory as a sample of modern Western car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 04:08 am:

You can make the racks with a drill and some strap steel and small C clamps from a hardware store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 04:22 am:

kep, yes, but I'd like to have an original

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Gary, You've really hit the nail on the Head!
Many of us have parts that are just sitting around gathering dust and junking up our work spaces. If anyone doesn't believe me just look at some of the garage pictures. Lots times we get stuff in a box and we only wanted one part and the rest sits piled up somewhere covering up other parts.
I was so glad that you were able to help another forum friend with the luggage rack. It's a pleasure to associated with guys like you who are willing to go to great lengths to help out another guy even on the other side of the world.

You get this months ATTA Boy Award!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

Gene, I have a bunch of stuff that falls in that category. Maybe we should start a "Pay shipping only" forum page or "shipping only" classified forum????? I once shipped a low head that way and the gent that got is happened to be a War Correspondent in the Pacific during WW II. He sent me a 2 inch thick, hard bound book of his pictures. "Twas fun. I told him at the onset that I would ship the head if he didn't try to pay me for it.

From my point of view we could be on to something???

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration