Here's another good buy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Here's another good buy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:18 am:

another bargain in bozeman http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-A-Rural-Mail-Delivery-Cabriolet-Convertible-C oupe-1928-1929-1931-roadster-1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:19 am:

T-bay says the listing has been removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:20 am:

That was quick. It's been removed already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:20 am:

It shows "Listing Removed".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:27 am:

it was a model a cabriolet with big tractor tires, buy it now for 94 thousand. toys anyone seller again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 11:09 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-A-Rural-Mail-Delivery-Cabriolet-Convertible-C oupe-1928-1929-1931-roadster-1932-phaeton-/121545701956?forcerrptr=true&hash=ite m1c4cb03a44&item=121545701956&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

General Description

Please DO NOT bid on this car yet. I just raised the first bid price to 20 times what I had planed to start it at to keep people from bidding until I can correct and complete my description of this car. I started working on this listing a couple of weeks ago and forgot it was scheduled to start this evening. Once I have corrected the several historical errors in this description, I will drop the first bid price to $4,995 and let the action run. I am out of town and will not likely be able to complete this description until some time on Sunday January 25 at the earliest. I am sorry for any confusion or frustration this might cause and appreciate your patience. Bob Woodburn

My note: It got up to over $61,000 live money when he had it on before!! I'd have taken that for it but he didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

if anybody really wants one of those, please contact me, i'd be happy to build you one for 61,000

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Wouldn't be an original, historic Montana mail carrier car, would it Clayton???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

I guess i'm sure glad i did not go to that sale in Montana!! Even if i had bought it for 5,000 to 7,000 would the State of Montana have let me taken it out of the state??? Last time i made a comment about this someone responded from the cheapest seats come the loudest boos and to them i say go to heck!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

the T mail carrier on tracks that recently went to the museum was plum full of history and patina too, but i doubt any one valued it in the 95 thousand dollar range. just knowing who drove it in 1940 does not drive the price up, or give it any historical value unless owned by some celebrity. thats just another home made mail carrier, there were lots, and some others survive i'm sure.i know of one here thats a 36 chevy 2dr with a truck rear end and chains on the tires, they still have fun with it in snow storms. i'm pretty sure he'd take 61 thou for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

There are a lot of those around here, too. I'd like to see your pictures of another one made from one of the rarest of all Model A body styles, the 31 Sport Cabriolet.

I am also curious every time he lists something as to why it bothers some of you so much?? Hell, it's his stuff, he can ask anything he wants for it.

I just talked to him a little bit ago, he told me he had 5 phone calls and emails about it last night and this morning, turned down a substantial offer from one guy and told them he will get the listing straightened out as soon as he gets back from the toy show in Great Falls this weekend as he said he would lower the opening bid and leave it on ebay for an auction to run its course.

Bud, he paid about $13,500 at an auction several years ago. It makes no difference what he paid for it. When I buy something it is not my business what the seller paid for it just as it is nobody's business what I paid for anything I am selling.

When you go to MaoMart to buy a microwave do you call the manager and ask what they paid for it in China? Nope, you just pack it up to the checkout and pay the price. Same deal here. It is no concern what he paid for it. If you out live him and he still had it when he died you can come to his estate auction and buy it at your price. Or not.

I pulled it out of a barn near Gildford, Montana, got it cleaned up and running and sold it at one of our auctions in Havre about 5 or 6 years ago. He stepped up and paid cash for it then and has owned it since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

Thank you Stan - Great post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

what he said!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

That is awesome! I don't think many here have ever been miles from nowhere in weather that if you got stuck and had to spend the night you would freeze and if you had to walk out you would freeze. That would get one through the weather and much faster than a horse. I would leave it as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 01:49 am:

Great car display item but using it might damage it and it is in too good of a period correct shape to tinker with it much.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration