Somebody Got A Great Deal On This Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Somebody Got A Great Deal On This Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Sold at Bonhams auction on May 2014 for $6,050 dollars out the door.
Anyone here the lucky new owner?

Here's a link to the auction page.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22174/lot/322/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Sounds like a great buy till you add the 25% buyer's premium. But at $8125 still enticing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

it said on the web page - Sold for US$ 6,050 inc. premium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Looks like junk to me. Rusted out noplace body...boat tail looks really rough..no pics. Haywire engine...the rest must be the same. Nice steering mod.
For that kind of $$ could buy a nice TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

I had to look twice at the photo it looked like a little model car at first. Looks like a skid plate on the back or perhaps a bumper. It musta run like stink because it burned the tires right off of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

looks like model a steering and drag link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

I think that is a wheelie bar on the back end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Put together speedster, probably from the 30's or so.

'27 cowl, engine may be '27 as still has vaporizer carb. Perhaps no gas tank in the cowl anymore, as firewall mounted Stewart vacuum gas tank. '27 hood, and radiator. The usual water pump!
Distributor ign, and Model A steering including a Model A steering wheel.

Rest of body behind the Model T cowl is wood framed fabric covered, a simple means back then to make a body. Windshield is part of a sedan frame.

Overall, cute, but would be hard to make it look any better than it does in 'natural tired' barn state. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Nice looking Speedster and not a bad price except for the so called "buyers premium".

It ought to be called "buyers added expense" and be done with it.

When I was young and dumb I thought it meant some kind of add on for the buyer. Not just more money that the seller or auction house gets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

It's been for sale in Denmark for a while.

http://www.prewarcar.com/index.php?option=com_caradvert&view=ad&section_id=1&id= 171264&Itemid=432

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration