Could this cause a loss of power?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Could this cause a loss of power?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

Do ya think? Yeah, the rings and valves likely need attention, but struggling up the hill may have had something to do with this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Yikes! Luckily, you have one or more replacements in your stash, right?

Glad you found something. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

I had the same thing happen while on a speedster tour. I didn't have a spare and nobody else did either because, being speedsters, everyone had Frontys or aftermarket heads using other types of plugs. Finally found one guy who had one and charged me dearly for it. Still, happy to have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

The fodor I just bought ran okay but not great. Ran it in the dark and found the inner two spark plugs sparking between the ceramic and the
base. Changed those spark plugs and what a difference.
Yep the car does run better when all the spark goes in the right space.

r

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Yes, luckily I do have more. I intend to carry at least a full set of spares in my tool box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

You should have some spares. Even if they are not Champion X they will work better than that one.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

That happened to me on the last Texas T Party last October.A fellow named Jerry gave me a handfull of Motorcraft plugs. Wouldn't let me refuse him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration