OT A strange trend in gas prices

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT A strange trend in gas prices
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

For about the last 6 or 7 weeks I have noticed that the price of gas here in St. Louis goes up every Thursday afternoon. Yesterday I filled up for $1.759. This morning I noticed gas averaged about $1.699 then this afternoon it goes to $1.899. By next Thursday morning gas will most likely again be $1.709 but by the afternoon it will go up again. Gas price did not rise on Christmas but it did the day after New Years. Other than that this price fluctuation is regular as can be. Do any of you guys in other cities notice a weekly or monthly pattern of the price of gas fluctuating?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

This site confirms there is a pattern:

https://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/Gas-Tip-The-best-day-to-fill-up/1715-396255-210. aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Have no idea. I only get gas less than once a month unless I am on a trip. I do know that it is usually about 10 cents higher here in Alpine than it is in El Cajon which is 15 miles west of here, so I usually only get gas here when I'm low and not going toward El Cajon.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration