OT - She is 107 years old

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - She is 107 years old
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 10:49 am:

In the past we have had threads about the possibility of anyone still living that owned a new Model T. Well this lady is old enough at 107 and she still has a driver's licence. However, it says she started driving a Model A Ford in 1927. So I'm left wondering if they really meant it was a "1927 Model T." However, it could have been a new 1928 Model A purchased in the fall of 1927. Either way, she is remarkable.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/22/on-107th-birthday-oldest-facebook-user-says -think-about-others-before-yourself/?intcmp=latestnews

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:07 am:

I saw that too, Rick. My guess is that the reporter got it wrong. I find that people confuse "Model A" and "Model T" a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:13 am:

I think the Model A went on sale in Dec of 1927 but they were called 1928 models. Maybe at the time some states called any car sold in 1927 a 1927?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Very cool.

In 2000 or 2001 PBS did a special featuring folks talking about their lives and their experiences. To be on the program they must have been born during or prior to 1900. Even though they articulated it in various ways, each of them conveyed a similar message to what Edythe offers, stay positive, don't worry about things you can't change, and give back.

Good advice. Thanks for sharing the link Rick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:28 am:

Remarkable indeed! It's hard to imagine that anyone who was in Grad. School in 1927 is still alive & kicking. Good for her!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 23, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

If my memory is correct, the title of the cars sold in California used to say, "Year Model" "Date first sold". It is possible that a car sold in the fall could be the year model of the following year and a car sold in the winter or later could be left over from the previous years model.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration