The Philis Buster! Every T Needs One

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Philis Buster! Every T Needs One
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Just found this while looking for something else...
Goes between the carburetor and intake manifold to "aid" mixing up the air/fuel mixture. Complete junk, but still fun to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:12 am:

No doubt it doubles your fuel mileage..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Early self powered turbo charger! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Like right out of the J. C. Whitney catalog!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Jerry, You need a set of these Fan Flame spark plugs with a propeller to go with your intake accessory and you will really be supercharged! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Jay,

You win! That's incredible. I wonder what happens when the little fan blade breaks off. (Nothing good)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Jerry, you keep the propeller on by inserting a cotter pin it seems.....Ha, at least that's how it looks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Jerry, I guess when the fan fly's off the spark plug it shots out the tailpipe like a ninja star at those pesky tailgater's:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Jay,

Early James Bond device?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Cool spark plug, but very scary for pistons and cylinder walls! :-D

Figuring it would be easy to detect even a 1/2hp improvement on an 18hp engine, I made something similar to the Philis-Buster for my CitroŽn 2CV. The fuel consumption and power remained identical as far as any on-road testing was concerned. Big surprise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Great pics!

Jay, you should start a separate thread for gimmick spark plugs, I'll bet there are some wild ones out there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Eric, I have owned three 2CVs in my life, two in Europe and one here in the US. I am of the opinion that using the words "2CV" and "power" together makes no sense.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

The 2CV's sound like the 1956 36Hp VW bug I had. I could never imagine driving it on the Autobahn or any 1966 or earlier VW's for that matter! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Nice to see the Fan Flame. They also made a 1/2" pipe thread plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Mark, this was my first one. Paris, 1968.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration