License Plate Patch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: License Plate Patch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

I've had my '24 touring for over 3 years now, but never noticed this. My car is a bit of a jalopy; rust holes, welds and patches. I was under the car today, laying on my back draining out old gas. While laying there, I look up and right in front of my face is this license plate patching the front fender to the running board. I wiped off some mud so I could read it and take a photo. Its a 1931 Maine plate, and obviously been there a long time. Adds a bit of character to the car I'd say.

plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Neat!
"After all, what is your car but used parts." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Steve: Somewhere in Maine someone is looking for that plate to make up a pair for their car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Do you have any prior knowledge that your car is from Maine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Dave - no, I bought the car here in Virginia. I believe the previous owner bought it in Virginia also. Maybe I need to look more closely, the other plate may be under there too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

This car clearly needs to be broken down for a $100,000 restoration. This old rusty
stuff is totally unacceptable ! How will you win any cheesy plastic trophies ??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Good point Burger. I guess I'll have to make do with grins from old timers and small children!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration