2015 Sunflowers State Crankers Clinic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2015 Sunflowers State Crankers Clinic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 09:59 am:

A few more:

Mike Bender covered engine and transmission rebuilding and assembly.

Larry Sigworth told about racer & speedster history, development, and features.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Looks like wonderful stuff and a great turnout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:13 am:

I told Mike he made me late. After seeing him using an infrared thermometer in one of the videos, I had to stop in Wichita and get one on my way up to Hutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

How interesting that an early part of the curriculum at the College is working with Model T drive trains. What a great way to learn about the complicated systems of automobiles, by learning about the simplest ones first.

And it looks as if it's rubbing off on the students, since three of them are now restoring their own T's. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

At least 7 states, John Steele was there from Montana. I should have been.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

8 - Montana, Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska. Oklahoma. Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas. Now If we knew the states the students from McPherson Collage were from I'd bet the number would go up a few more. Unofficial numbers close to 100 in attendance. This make's it the third highest attendance behind the Upholstery and then the Crankshaft/Overhead clinic from a few years ago. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

And not a single pic of Steve, how ever that pic with the brown overalls looks suspicious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 12:12 am:

I believe all of the students signed in, so they should be "official". They include: Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, California, North Carolina, and Louisiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Good eye, George. I think that's me. The News photog took lots of pictures of me looking at the cars, but Herb Zook's speedster made it into the paper without me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 03:10 am:

What a great event. Well done to the organisers for getting all those clever T guys to share their knowledge and experience for the betterment of the bobby. Wish I could have been there. What are the details of that red speedster? The lines of the body and that dash loo beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Warwick, hopefully Chris Paulson will chime in as it's one of McPherson College's projects. Here are a couple of photo's I took and at the end of Mikes presentation this web site was shown to us as having all the videos shown listed. Please take a look.

http://www.modelt-tips.com/index.html

Click on the yellow "engine videos" on the home page.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration