The Coso Artifact : The 500,000 year old spark plug.......... LOL!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Coso Artifact : The 500,000 year old spark plug.......... LOL!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Knoll on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

I'm sure most have seen this and maybe it was posted here before but I laugh every time I think about this .... http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/coso.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

That reminds me of the sparkplug I found while snorkeling near La Paz in Baja some years ago. It had been used as a sinker for fishing and got away. It was badly caked with minerals, but not quite to the point of the one in the story. I chipped the excess mineral off so it was recognizable as a sparkplug.

Some time later, a Cuban guy brought me his Porsche 914 on a trailer. The pros couldn't fix it. When I found the broken ground wire to the EFI, I pulled that plug out and said, "Here's your problem."

He about swallowed his teeth. He gladly paid the modest amount I charged and later brought me a special bottle of Cuban booze. I don't drink, but I'm sure wifey made use of it.

Too bad I didn't take pix of the plug, but that was before digital cameras.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration