Instruction and parts list, Govenor Fan, for doodlebug, tractor conversion, power unit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Instruction and parts list, Govenor Fan, for doodlebug, tractor conversion, power unit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

I have an instruction sheet and parts list for a governor fan as used on doodlebugs, tractor conversions, or power units. Thought someone may like to see it. The fan/governor units are fairly common, but I do not see them used on a lot of the equipment. Maybe with the instructions someone will install one. This was a long double sided sheet. I tried my best to get as large as possible scans, but it was a hard thing to scan.

fan 1

fan 2

fan 3

fan 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

Ill add a close up of the diagram that is referenced a lot in the instructions, maybe it will help.

fan crop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Great post Donnie. Thank You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Thanks Donnie - I have one very similar on a '13 engine used for a buzz saw !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Yes, thank you Donnie.
I have that set up in a portable power unit.
Just no linkage for the governor, that last diagram is exactly what I needed,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

The point "M" in the diagram above is the pivot for the throttle arm "L" It has two "friction" washers, one above the throttle arm and one below. The pivot bolt has two nuts. Tighten the first nut till the "friction" is enough to keep the arm in the position you want and lock the first nut with the second to hold your setting. The little throttle arm at "A" is just hard bolted to the Ford carb arm, in the position needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

The line work in the parts illustrations is awesome. Early illustrations are pretty wonderful.
Thanks Donnie.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration