OT Turlock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Turlock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Well I just made it back from Turlock. It was a bit foggy in the early morning and stayed overcast and on the cold side till late.
Last year there were lots of empty spaces all over. It was packed this year, lots of buyers and a few good buys. I got a 26-7 coupe rear bumper with the brackets for 140 dollars. A Model A oil filter adapter for 5 dollars and a 49 Ford side loader tranny for 40 dollars. Had a great time and picked up a few more smaller things. Waiting for next year already, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 02:56 am:

How much T stuff?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Not a lot of t stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

The Mother Lode Model T Club swap meet is one of the very few left in Northern California that has enough Model T stuff show up to make it worth while attending IMHO.

Mother Lode Model T Club 39th Annual Swap Meet, May 31, 2015(Sunday) - Auburn, CA

No reservations. Contact: Gary (530) 823-7957, or John (916)202-5842 or web - www.motherlodemodelt.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

The T content was very low. The crowds made it difficult to negotiate. The weather was cold. Other than that it was a good day.

Erik Barrett, and Larry Sidmore were there with their goodies, and the few other T vendors I discovered seemed to have their stuff priced to sell.

Even though I didn't find anything I was looking for, It's like they say; "A bad day fishing is still better than a good day working"!

Maybe I'll catch the big one next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 02:17 am:

There was minimal Model T stuff available. Erik had the most and best for T's. He had a very nice and economically priced '26 coupe (Dr's. Coupe?) for sale.

I came home with some really nice adjustable tool posts for my lathe and two sets of soft jaws for the vice. It was a nice day except for the huge crowds and lines. Lines to get in and lines for rest rooms and portable johns.

I saw a 60's Rambler coupe for sale being promoted as "a classic"... There's a fool born every day... and he's probably driving AMC now.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 08:41 am:

A 60's Rambler coupe IS a "classic". Just cause you say it ain't so........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:24 am:

A '60's washing machine is a "classic" too, but.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Time was when a "Classic Automobile" was only one recognized by the Classic Automobile Club of America.
Oh well. . . .
(and yes, it's been long enough ago that I might not have the club name right)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

I remember when the CCCA made those claims and tried to fight anyone that called anything else a "classic". There was a '55/'56/'57 Chevy group that liked to use the term "classic" also. They went head-to-head a few times. I figured at the time that the CCCA's fight was a lost cause. Unlike "Kleenex" and a few other things, "classic" was a legitimate word in its own right long before the CCCA laid claim to it.
Just my silly opinion.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 01:53 am:

hey Wayne,
Yep, just like we still call most any copy machine a Xerox! And a lot of folks still think any Vacuum cleaner is a Hoover.
:-)
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

But there really was a Rambler Classic.
There was also a Rambler American and a Rambler Ambassador on each side of the more popular Classic.
Most, or some members of our MG club insist on calling their MGs classics.
I hate that.
I have two old Nashes, a model T Ford and an F1 pickup, but no classics.

My son owns a Chevrolet Caprice Classic, but it aint a classic either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

I think last year was my last year to go to Turdlock.
Just too much walking, sometimes bad weather and not a lot of T stuff. And too much money to get in, too expensive to eat, to much waiting in line, etc.
I have always come back with a load of stuff I tried to sell cheap.
The Auburn meet in may sounds good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration