Turlock Swap Meet-Remy Electric Distributor.-Model 203J

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Turlock Swap Meet-Remy Electric Distributor.-Model 203J
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

How can I do research on this distributor built into the front cover? Probably has been covered before, anyone have a link? How about replacement points and cap? Will electronic points fit inside?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

How about correct linkage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

I did some searches and came up with zilch. Is it a front plate, plate replaces timing cover or a clip on? I am not sure when Delco and Remy merged but you might just use the word Delco alone. Any searches you do, leave off the word electric, that's a given.
If nothing else photos would help maybe to spark someones memory. Bosch and Atwater-Kent are more common types.
As far as linkage, it's ether direct point to point or bell crank or through a reversing bell crank depending on the rotation of the shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 12:10 am:

I have a lot of NOS ignition stuff for REMY. A picture of the distributor would be a great help. I probably have points, rotor and cap for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Uses a 0869 cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:32 am:

A correct period coil rebuilt is $300.00. Wonder what it looks like? Probably brown bakelight. Does anyone know if there are numbers on it?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration