Medical Edition Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Medical Edition Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rex Pyles on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

I enjoy creative ads......

1926 ford model T medical edition - $15000 (Eaton rapids)

http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/4856217365.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

...and creative prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Punctuation is such a drag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Since this is the rare and elusive "medical edition" is that rarer than a "doctors coupe" ??? Punctuation, and capital letters where they are needed is a dying art. :-( Im not the best in the world, but, at least I try. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I think this may be a first. Haven't heard this before. Anybody else? It sure sounds professional!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

we all know medical costs are rising, so thats the reason for the high price i suspect

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Ain't never went to no gooder skools .... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Does Hagerty offer malpractice insurance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 01:32 am:

Oh Burger, that don't mean nuthin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 04:41 am:

Is that the real Channel Green?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 07:44 am:

tryin ta use all them little marks givs him a hedake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

What's with this "edition" stuff? I've seen "touring edition", "roadster edition", etc. Reveals the seller as being uninformed. Anything else they say is total hogwash. Funny too because I suspect they use the term "edition" to make it seem like they're knowledgeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

I had a depot hack that Ronald Regain once rode in would that have made it the Presidential Edition....?
CRAP NOW LOOK AT THE MONEY I MIGHT HAVE LOST ON THAT ONE!!!
Lol.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

A bit of thread drift for sure, but speaking of presidential (or in this case vice-presidential) editions, what happened to Hubert Humphrey's T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

H.H. had a Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

So you're implying I should stop calling my jalopy the "Farmer's Edition?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

According to this older thread, HH owned both a Model T and a Model A:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/419068.html?1391041158

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

I think that term started when companies would "Edition" a vehicle. The "Eddie Bauer Edition" Ford Explorer from the 90's. The "Harley Davidson Edition" Ford pick ups I see driving around. If I ever sell my truck, I'll call it a Stake Bed Edition Ford TT and ask $15,000 FIRM!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

I stand corrected.

Thank you Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Well fellas now that you have all had your fun;

That car is across the road from me the last I knew. It belonged to a founding member of the Central MI T club named Max Frisioski (sp?). Max was very proud of his car and very kind to me when I first joined the local club and had bought my first T..also a '26 coupe at age 17. Max died years later and his son became the "new" owner. The son had serious health issues and each summer I went to the house to get the car running again as by then I was a "seasoned" T guy, in part thanks to Max. Eventually I talked the son into selling the car and my neighbor bought it.

Now for all your fun (shame). My neighbor is disabled and wants to sell it. I don't know if he ran the ad or if he has a "broker-author" as the C-list indicates it might be in a new location. He might have sold it to someone else who is just trying to flip it. Point of fact is that the neighbor offered to give me the car last year and I told him no, would each of you done the same or would you have taken advantage of that "opportunity"?

The car is sound and presentable. I put in a new set of Ron's coils in it and rebuilt the coil box along with other minor things but he wanted a dist. installed and I didn't argue, just did it. Yes it does have a Model A visor. The neighbor nearly lost both legs due to medical issues and may have written the ad while medicated or again somebody else may be a broker. Regardless, I think very few of us here have ever been "published" and we are mostly just old car guys that use simple tools and methods to fix junk. We don't always know the full story and I don't either.

Now that all of you editors know more of this story go help somebody out with something. I don't know who wrote the ad and don't care, you can see what it is. The neighbor is a very bright and multi-tallented guy who can fix anything but has had serious life challenges for several years. It could be any of us tomorrow.

Tim Moore
Eaton Rapids MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Some of those modern touch-screen iPads, iPods, smartphones, whatever, are hard to figure out how to even use the punctuation marks.
I have not figured out how put a question mark at the end of the sentence when I use my iPad, so I use my PC when I post on this site.
I'm sure the Medical Edition model T was supposed to be a joke. Maybe a play off Doctor's coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 07:46 am:

I think the seller meant it's the "Obama Care" edition. It doesn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 08:46 am:

Well said Tim.
And the ad does have an "or best offer"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration