I seek contact with Dwight Madsen for my Coupelet 1918

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I seek contact with Dwight Madsen for my Coupelet 1918
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 06:40 am:

Hello again
... I still renovating my T Coupelet, now upholstery almost completely assembled.
I often read in the Model T bible from Bruce W. McCalley book "
I am searching for Dwight Madsen photographed this Coupelet, or current owners.
What is it? I marked with arrows in the picture
Can anyone help me with this I would be very grateful.
While other owners as well, which has pictures of upholstery and window function.
Today, the rear window decoration nailed. Only loosely attached now.
Ake Osterdahl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Dwight Madsen sold the car to his good friend Bill Praus years ago.

Bill passed away about 30 years ago and Dwight passed away about 20 years ago.

Bill's wife sold the car and it went to Colorado about twenty years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Thank you for that Erik, now i now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:15 am:

But wishing information on the windscreen, front pillar as I circled, maybe someone has answers to this question

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Dwight Madsen's wife told me she sold the car to Steve Coniff of Colorado Springs. He has just sold the car to some one as I have been told. I have an 18
coupelet and researched this car of his and the one Fred Houston has and several others . I have samples of the upholstery and photo's. I could not find the upholstery and had it weaved to match the original and the edging material.
send me a pm for more info. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Wrong year coupelet but on my 16 that piece folds down and covers the window when it's been lowered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Just a point of clarification:

Mike - your conversation would have been with Bill Praus's wife. She is the one who sold the car to Steve Coniff when it left the Twin Cities and went to Colorado.

Erik in Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Regarding the piece Ake is asking about, apparently the window brace which folds down to cover the window when it's lowered is a longer, one-piece part on the 18's, and maybe on the fixed-top 17's as well. On the '15 thru early '17 drop-top ones, it's two shorter pieces, one at the front of the window and one at the back. I don't have any experience with the fixed-top Coupelets, so I don't know what those two "bumps" are in the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Steve Coniff recently sold the Coupelet to Gator Gould in Alabama.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 07:16 am:

So far I have come up with the left door today,
but the front door frame has well just plate frame or?
Should slide into the frame.
Rear window should have this clothing / upholstery.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration