Old Photo - Model T Era Automobile Repair Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era Automobile Repair Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:50 am:

They look like Buicks to me. I can't believe you keep finding these. Hope others enjoy them as much as I do.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:02 am:

The car in the foreground got into a nice crash. Lots of work to do for that man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:03 am:

the car in frt i think is a 13 Studebaker mod 35,car on the left might be a reo .two cars in the back frt looks to be emf the one behind it another mod 35 stude. no clue on the 2 seater. that's the best i can do. Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:15 am:

I have to grin at seeing the "technician's delicate calibrated adjusting tool" standing on the floor just inboard of the frame horn and spring of the car at center right of the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:32 am:

I don't have much Studebaker info Charley. Your'e probably right about the front car. Looks like spark plugs rather the overhead valves. Here are some Buicks that led me to believe the other cars might be that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

the buick dose not have the same rear fender,door or door handle. also the step in the arm rest. you could be right on the 2 seater.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Yep. Fun to guess though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

This photo brings to mind the last time I took one of our modern cars to the shop. The mechanic plugged it into his computer, started the engine and had a diagnosis in a minute. Then, with a couple of "point and click" maneuvers he ordered the parts needed, which were delivered to him on the same day.

It would be interesting to see the fellow in the photo's reaction to modern shop methods. He probably just wouldn't believe it.

Once again, thanks Jay! Neat photo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration