Model t roller timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model t roller timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

what needs to be done after putting a new roller in my timer old one had lots of wear in the roller this is my first t a 1921 depot hack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

Make sure the races in the timer body are not wavy. If they are, I doubt if you'll get good performance even with a new roller. The races can be cut or ground using a lathe to reestablish a perfect surface. I've used a cutter, but a tool post grinder would be better, methinks. I've used a four jaw chuck, some folks have fixtures to hold the piece secure. If you don't have access to a lathe, it would be wise to replace the timer body when you replace the roller. BTW, use plenty of light grade oil and keep it clean and well oiled. Some use light grease with success, but I have found oil to be a better bet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration