27 Coupe rear bumper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 27 Coupe rear bumper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Hi, so I got a rear bumper with the mounts at Turlock. I placed it up in place. I see where the 2 forward holes bolt to the side of the frame and the back hole bolts to the rear cross member. But there are 2 more holes that need a place to go. They are on a small bracket on the top of the long mount. But where do they bolt to? Am I missing a brace? Can some one show a picture of all 5 mounting bolts? Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Scott

These pics may help. Hard to take pic under the car!

The strap part of the bracket, that sits on the top of the crossmember, bolts thru the crossmember, 2 bolts go up thru into the top member strap riveted to the bracket.

Then bracket bolts go along the frame rail portion, away from the rear of the car, 2 bolts into the long end of the bracket in the frame rail.

Finally, the one reinforcement arm bolt goes from that reinforcement arm to the crossmember, on the rear face of the crossmember

Service Bulletin photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 12:00 am:

Dan, Thank you for the pictures. I see where they all go now. I will crawl under in the morning to find the 2 in the top of the cross member. Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration