Old Photo - Main Street , Ranger, Texas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Main Street , Ranger, Texas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

WOW, Way off topic but...

I left Texas about 20 years ago. Before I left I had a hunting lease for many years about 15 miles South of Ranger. A hunting lease is always called a "Deer Lease" in Texas, despite the fact that you could take Turkey, Dove, Quail, Hogs and what ever fish you could pull from the stock tanks on the lease. Ranger was were I stopped for supplies. I bought corn for feeders 500 lbs at a time, in advance, from the feed store in Ranger. They kept a card on file for me. I would stop by the feed store and pick up a couple of bags when I needed them. When I had picked up enough to bring my account to nearly zero I would buy another 500 lbs. I shopped at the local A&P for food. (You had to bring your own beer.) FWIIW there was no Walmart in Ranger. I had to go about 35 miles West to find one.

To make a long story short it looks like I was hunting the wrong sort of stuff in Ranger! I should have been hunting in the local junk yards for old cars. LOL.

(Message edited by paulmikeska on January 26, 2015)

(Message edited by paulmikeska on January 26, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration