Hey Bob's and other Vendors read this!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hey Bob's and other Vendors read this!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Now that Bob's is on the way back I would like to suggest new products for his inventory that there is a need for. I know there has to be a demand high enough to warrant the expense to tool up.....But if we do not ask we may never get the products produced.....My first suggestion 1915 Horn button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

How about high hood radiator shells. I certainly do need one. Seems strange that the low hood variety is available but not the other. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Bob's has been going through a rough patch. Hopefully he's on his way back.It will take several thousands of dollars to tool up to make just those two items. How many do you think he will have to sell,just to recoop his investment?Would you pay $500 for a new shell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 12:11 am:

Low shells are out coz of t bucket industry and you can find high shells there as well usualy had cut the neck hole not 100% correct but good idea if you cant or wont look for orginal they are still out there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

This thread is just to see what people need reproduced....You never know who may be able to help the hobby along

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

Spring U bolt sets, Both front and rear. No one makes them. I would think there could be a big call for them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

You're right, Will, it's difficult to find good ones without stripped threads. And modern U-bolts are very different.

Even more difficult than finding the early-type U-bolts for the front is finding a late-style front motor mount with good threads. I've often had to cut them off and weld new bolts onto them to make them serviceable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Read Langs catalog on the '15 horn button. We make 'em, but only the button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

The button is easy to get. The whole horn button that mounts on the steering column is hard to find. It took me a year and a half watching Ebay to finally get one for my 1916 touring car.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

Stakes for a TT 'Ford Truck' flatbed. I have one, need seven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

George: TT Stakes PM me with a picture of what you are looking for. I may have some. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

I will be making the shell for the 15-16 horn button, in the works, Bob

Also the new transmission bushing's from the Ford prints and right material will be coming soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Bob -- I hope you'll include the switch contacts in the horn button shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:04 pm:

how about reproducing the 26-7 drum taillight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

Hello Robert,

If you are going to reproduce the whole assembly you will make a lot of those of us who have Canadian T's.

There would be a very good market for that item.

The battery horn on the Canadian cars used the earlier 1915- 17 type of horn button assembly.

The tabs or lugs what ever they may be called were modified to be able to be screwed to a modified steering wheel nut.

Reference pictures attached.

Good original components are very hard to find now.

Best Regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Here are a two more pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

That should read ( Make a lot of us who have Canadian cars very happy. J.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:18 am:

I think the only difference between the USA one and the Canadian Steering wheel one is the tabs are bent down for the Canadian version.
However, I've not had one in hand to check my theory!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:03 am:

David,

That is the only difference. The two pictures above are what we use. I would think that if you were to bend the tabs on the U.S. version it would work fine for our Canadian cars. Our problem here in Australia is finding the inner contact piece and it would appear that you fellers in the States are having the same problem.

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Another thing to mention is, Larry's horn button sold by Lang's is correct for our Canadian cars. I have one on our Fordor and it is an exact copy of the original. J.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:42 am:

26-7 Ammeter???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Not sure if someone stopped making them or not, but I tried ordering 26-27 brake cams twice and they are always out of stock....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Spring U Bolt Sets. Front and Rear!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Brackets for Ford accessory stop/tail lamps.

Stephen

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration