Channel Surfing...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Channel Surfing...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:49 pm:

While going up the channels on the boob-tube tonight, I ran across a new program called "Strange Inheritance". Lo and behold the info babe stopped off at the Lemay's American Auto Museum in Tacoma. She tells the history of the acquisition and ownership of almost 3000 cars that Mr. Lemay collected over the years, and how the kids and grand kids dealt with such a large collection after Mr. Lemay passed on. One segment profiles the info babe learning how to drive a Model T under the capable tutelage of Mr. Mike Conrad a frequent poster on this forum. Hey Mike, you looked a lot taller on TV !! Anyone else see it ?? It was a half hour devoted to telling the story of the cars, the museum, the test drive, and how the kids disposition the collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 01:04 am:

Hey Wayne! Glad you were able to catch that. I saw the show for the first tonight too. What a surprise to see my ugly mug didn't hit the cutting room floor completely! Over a year ago I was honored by a phone call by the Lemay staff asking if I could help out with a Idea on teaching a class on how to drive the model t ford. Well that class turned out to be a success. The unplanned side affect of this for me has been meeting the Lemay's and all their wonderful volunteers. It's hard for me to put into words what great people they are!
The only downside (says the girlfriend) is that I may never get back to my projects again. I'm ok with for now.
If any of my forum friends find their way to Tacoma WA in the future,look me up I would be happy to show you a amazing collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 01:08 am:

Oh and Wayne you were right she was a Babe! Lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 02:25 am:

I did not see it but the episode is on again on Feb 28, Fox Business Network. Direct TV #359 6:30pm PST.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Darn, I have the bottom rung Direct TV package, don't get 359. The $72 bucks a month is enough for lousy TV as it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Thanks to the "heads up" from Helen, Kathy and I caught the whole show and we thought it was very well done. In fact, I thought it could have been (maybe should have been) an hour show instead of only a half hour, and that way, maybe they could have gone a little deeper into what you're doing at LeMay ref. Model "T" Fords and the hobby Mike. At any rate, you looked good and we're proud of ya' Mike,.....good job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Thanks for the heads up!
I watched the Edison program last night

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration