Look who turned 100 today....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Look who turned 100 today....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 07:59 am:

And NO, I'm not talking about the driver!

In any event, my 1915 Touring had it's engine stamped 100 years ago today. According to the information that Hap Tucker has been compiling, this is the oldest known 1915 touring car on his registry. It has never been restored and has many 1914 features. It sports the 12 rivet rear-axle which was used into early 15, and if you look at the bead around the contour of the rear fender, you'll see that it follows the contour of the 14 style flat-top fender and not the curved fender of the 15. This car also has a bulb horn and wooden doors over the seat compartments. The pedals are ribbed and it has the aluminum hogs head with reinforced ribs.

This thing runs great and we take it everywhere. It will stay original and never be restored so long as I have it. And by the way, that will probably be for a very long time because the young lady who is with me has laid claim to it and has plans for when she turns 16. I can't wait.1915

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:06 am:

Pretty darn cool! You'll have to buy another car when she turns '16 and takes over that one!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:18 am:

I am glad it went to such a good home! Interesting history that I never realized about it as well...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:29 am:

Robert.. It's seen a LOT of miles since I got it from you! Mechanically I've been completely through it and it's never let me down.

Tim.. I already solved that problem. I have a 13 touring car ready to go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:22 am:

That's a really swell car, Robert, and thanks for preserving it and its history. Glad to hear the young lady wants to take over the reins when she's able to legally drive. We all buy our cars hoping to pass them on to our kids, but the kids aren't always receptive to that idea. Anyway mine aren't. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:22 am:

I'm sorry, I meant James, not Robert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:28 am:

James,

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

Have you had any luck on the gas lamp mirror project?
Just curious.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Mike, my two sons are too receptive to receiving the Model T cars that I own. They have claimed my 21 Center door as theirs (they did a lot of work on it) and are looking at other project cars. I will admit that I will probably never get all the project cars running, but we are HAVING FUN.
With that said, I will admit that they have purchased some cars without my help or knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

IT's great to pass it along to the youngsters. My own daughter has grown up in the back seat of my T... Just like I grew up in the back seat of my grandfathers 1915 Hudson. That's where I get it from. I intend to promote as much of this as I can to the kids.

Larry - It's temporarily on hold. Slumping the glass isn't working that well. They are probably going to need to be pressed. If that is the case, the cost will be through the roof.. > $250 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

ouch,
Thanks for the update.
Good luck, let us know of any developments.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration