Coils, Coils and still Coils ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Coils, Coils and still Coils ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:12 am:

A few coil questions?

As you can see on the photos I finished the rebuild of a few coils I bought on Ebay last few months. The coils have all new points and new capacitors. I cleaned out the tar and checked and redid the solder points. Refilled them with tar.
All the coils are set on 1.3A and no double spark.
As I am still learning about the coils rebuild there are some questions:

On the home made HCCT every coil need more current to start buzzing than the 1.3A setting. I was told this is normal but some of the coils start at 1.5A and a few needs 1.8A to start buzzing. Are these coils no good or is it only the coil construction?
The buzzing noise on each coil is different, some have a sharp buzz, other make very little noise does this matter??

In one pile of coils were 3 coils from an other make with now mark on it. The wood seems to be soft wood and the inside is different.
The second winding resistant is 3.3Kohm . Does any one know if these coils are re-buildable or can I use the winding to rebuild two coils with an open secondary winding?

Thanks for your time
Andre
Belgium

(Message edited by adminchris on January 29, 2015)

(Message edited by adminchris on January 29, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nino Knobloch on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:35 am:

Hi,
What are You doing with so much coils?

Do You sell them? Is it possible to purchase any?

Kind regards
Nino

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:05 am:

André : did you change the capacitors on that table ????
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:11 am:

No Toon, just the assembly and the testing. most of the job is done in the workshop and outside.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Nino, I just send you an Email.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

More coils! More coils!

Oh wait, that's more cowbells. Sorry.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration