Old Photo - Icy Winter Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Icy Winter Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Little scary, Looks like the river flooded and covered the bridge. Not sure I would had put my car on that bridge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:25 am:

just love the adjustable radiator shutter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Another thought might be that the car is frozen in its spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Frozen in place might be right, no tracks behind it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Back when I was around 17 I drove my dads 66 caddi down a dirt road and she sunk to her frame in the mud. It instantly froze in its spot. Could not recover the car until spring. Did I ever get into trouble!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Those narrow high pressure tires would have been just the job for getting down through the slush onto the hard surface below.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Looks like water, ice chunks, and slush. Therefore no tracks. Rising and falling of river level and continual traffic would keep the ice broken up. I have seen it (been in it) many times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

Looks like they backed onto the bridge for the pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Looks like a good reason for an old guy like me to stay in the low parts of California in the winter.
I've been in that situation many times.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration