What is this

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is this
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Found this car body in a gully the other day and don't have a clue what it is. Any ideas? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:55 am:

No clue here, but some manufacturers put ID tags inside the cowl. Take a look at the other side of the firewall. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Dependable Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Dodge Brothers screen side truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:44 am:

That can attached to the firewall is what's left of a Stewart vacuum tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Erik,

How do you figure it was a screen side truck from those photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:10 am:

I think I have its twin brother.
I am guessing Dodge as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:20 am:

I agree that it's a Dodge. I was following a 1917 dodge yesterday and was noticing the narrow raised section in the fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:45 am:

John & JD, Definitely Dodge, and I'll stick my neck out here and say early to mid 1916; the glove box, number of holes in the dash, and the slot above the steering column clamp area (for the choke rod) all matches my May '16 Dodge. The headlights appear to have wire retaining clips, not stamped metal ones, which also shows early production.

Early '16 Owner's Manual Illustration (I am assuming the copywrite is long expired!)
+++ jpeg +++ 514699 +++ Dodge dash illustraton)

1916 +++my dash, apart
My dash, with gauges out & glovebox door off.

BTW, John, if that glovebox lock is intact, it's probably worth more than the body remains--they are SCARCE!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration