Brass radiator repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brass radiator repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward C Cholota on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

my 12 model t had a couple of leaks in the inlet neck top where hose connects. Well I was recommended to a local shop and took the radiator for him to look at. He said he could fix it and left it with him. Well he called a few weeks later and said the radiator could not be repaired. Said the core was bad. Got it home and looked at the repairs. Looked like he may have gotten it to hot and tried to repair and soldered around the tubes at the top. I would like to keep the original look. Is there anyone who does repair on the old brass radiators Thanks Ed in Chattanooga

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

This local shop guy is not competent. I suspect that current radiator repairs do not include real creativity or talent. Yes it can be repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

This is the shop that did the radiator for Rob's Model K and recored the one for my 1915 roadster. I had a recore because I wanted to keep the original tank. He does a lot of antique radiators, but you may have to wait. He's in farm country and he has to take care of the farmers before the antiques.

TOMíS RADIATOR SERVICE
2341 184th Road
Sabetha
KS 66534
(785) 284-2080
tomnolte@sbcglobal.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

That can be repaired fairly easy. For some reason some so called radiator shops are scared of or incompetent when it comes to repairing old car or tractor radiators.

Using a torch whether its oxy-acetelyne, mapp, natural gas, or propane is getting to be a lost art.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration